Friday, March 2, 2007
And so it begins
Well here I go. I have always wanted to make a blog but never had the time or energy to do it. Don't know what I will write about yet but I will think of something. It snowed again today. I am not sure when spring will finally arrive but it is certainly white at this point. I really want to see the ground to see how many of my bulbs survived. We had a gopher invasion last fall and I think they ate my crocuses and tulips and other bulbs. I won't know how much they got until I see what comes up. We think we trapped both of them after they tore through our back yard, the flower beds in front and the neighbor's flowers in back. I trapped one in the flower bed and the neighbor trapped one in their back yard. I have always been pretty tolerant of the occasional visit from wildlife in the yard but these two were excavating! I have two big tunnels running parallel in the back yard and a tunnel that runs the entire width of the front yard along the flower bed. We will even need to take up the paving stones in front of the flowers as the critters undermined the stones and made them pretty unstable. Sooo... Hoping for continued snow in the mountains but missing my yard from now on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment