Saturday, January 2, 2010

Word of the Year

I have decided that instead of making new year's resolutions that inevitably end up too complicated or too specific and dropped as a result, I will choose a word for the year. My friend Nancy has been doing this for a few years and I really like how that seems to be working for her. She has been able to incorporate her word and the thoughts and feelings that go with that word in her daily life. I want to try adding one new word, and the corresponding improvements for the year. The word I chose this year is Joy. The quote I have included in the sidebar, and the article it comes from pretty much sums it up. We have gone through many difficult changes over the past few years and anticipate more to come. I want to find joy in each day, not just seeing the bright side of things but truly enjoying my life and all it has to offer me each day. Here we go...

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love it Love it Love it!! I hope it changes your life the way it changed mine. I can't hear a talk or a see about about Joy without t piquing my interest.

Good luck and much JOY to you!!