

So, I have been conspicuous in my absence I guess. I am spending some time this Christmas break trying to learn a bit more about this whole blogging thing so I can make entries in my blog a little more frequently. I am also trying to learn how to change the look of my blog. Note the new color scheme and the flickr badge, two of my newest innovations!
The garden is currently under several inches of snow. I can see where the voles are moving around out there. Thankfully I can also see where some cat has been visiting their trails regularly. I am rooting for the cat.
The seed catalogs are starting to arrive. I am getting a little dreamy about the new garden we will plant in the spring. We had some quite nice squash, tomatoes and cukes in spite of the neglect the garden suffered after DH's accident. We are still eating beautiful purple onions I grew out there. I want to try different ways to keep the quail from eating all my basil seedlings this next spring. Any ideas?
We had a very peaceful Christmas. We did not have to go anywhere and we just watched it snow. We do a rather casual Christmas at our place. My Mom always does a rather formal Christmas. Everyone dresses up and Christmas dinner is a fancy affair with the best china in the dining room. If you have ever watched Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced bouquet) on British television you will understand what I mean. For those of you who have never had the experience here is a little wiki about her. Fair warning; you might want to put down your coffee before reading about her http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyacinth_Bucket
Since I live over 2000 miles away we do not always go visiting for Christmas so we do casual. Jeans, funny Christmas shirts and socks, you know the sort of thing. See the pictures above for examples of Christmas casual. Note Nikki and Anna posing for the camera.
Now Christmas is over. The decorations are gradually making their way back into storage. The school break is almost over, and it is still snowing out there. Argh!! I will have to drive in it soon so I am now hoping for a drying trend.
DH is progressing, the ankle is still not healed. He is using an ultrasound bone growth stimulator every evening now to try and get the last bit of healing across the fusion. He is learning more every day about the computer. Will wonders never cease. I guess all is fair since during his convalescence this summer I had to learn to operate the DVD recorder and the VCR.
Well enough for now. Watch for more interesting changes as I learn about this template stuff.
Toodles
5 comments:
Hi Kathy!!
Where have you been? Smile, I didn't know "the man" hurt his ankle, I guess I am very behind, he is probably all better now! How are you?!?
Nance
D'oh-
PS I love your blog, very cute!
We actually just came back from his final splint fitting. He will be wearing a custom AFO splint until the ankle finishes fusing. Seems to be healing very slowly.
Oh, thanks!
I love the new blog look! It gives me warm fuzzies :)
Post a Comment